Are dental implants right for me?
Sometimes a missing tooth doesn’t just affect our smile – it can cause pain, discomfort, and even speech issues. Thankfully, the team at Advanced Dental Concepts is ready to help you with the best dental Implants in Alameda County.
Advanced Dental Concepts implants offer excellent solutions to alleviating many problems associated with loss of teeth, such as:
- Replacing single teeth
- Soothing pain in the jaw caused by an improper bite
- Restoration of smile
- Recovery of speech
- Chewing issues that lead to digestive problems
- Support for existing dentures or bridges
Before the dental implant procedure
During your first visit to the Advanced Dental Concepts office, a slew of X-rays, impressions, and molds will be taken to plan for the surgery. This visit will also be the time to discuss all of your expectations and pose any curiosities you may have about the dental implant procedure to your Advanced Dental Concepts dentists.
Advanced Dental Concepts Implant Procedure
The first step of the process consists of placing an artificial root – the dental implant – into the jawbone. Advanced Dental's premiere oral specialist will numb the affected gum before gently revealing the bone surgically. At this point, your dentist will carefully make a space within the bone where we will place the implant post.
This minor surgery will require healing time, which compliments the process nicely considering the implant incorporates itself into the bone gradually offering your new tooth a robust anchor built to last.
When we determine that the healing period has come to a close, your oral specialist will place the artificial tooth, aka the crown. This step may take a few adjustment visits to perfect, but as soon as you and your dentist are pleased with the results, the time will come to attach your brand new tooth permanently.
After the dental procedure
Our Oakland patients typically express mild to moderate discomfort or pain during the period of recovery. This sensation is perfectly normal. Be sure to set aside the first 24-48 hours following the procedure to get plenty of rest. Should your treatment consist of more complicated aspects, additional recovery time may be required.
You and your Advanced Dental Concepts dentist will thoroughly discuss the best possible diet moving forward to ensure an ideal recovery and maximum results. In general, we recommend that you focus on softer foods for the first month. Steer clear of hot meals, liquids, and straws until your healing is complete. Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol for a minimum of one week following surgery.
Eating correctly and sustaining a healthy and consistent oral hygiene routine will go a long way in ensuring that your new smile will shine brightly for countless years ahead. Contact Advanced Dental Concepts in Oakland today to schedule a consultation with one of our helpful professionals to begin your path to the best dental implants in the Bay Area.
Top 10 Freqiently Asked Questions in San Jose
1. What are dental implants?Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium that are surgically placed into the jawbone to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, or denture. They serve as a strong and long-lasting foundation for replacement teeth.
2. How long do dental implants last?Dental implants are designed to be a permanent solution for tooth loss. With proper oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups, dental implants can last a lifetime. The success rate of dental implants is generally over 95%.
4. Am I a good candidate for dental implants?Most people who have good general and oral health are suitable candidates for dental implants. Adequate bone density and healthy gums are important factors for successful implantation. However, even if you have some oral health issues, such as gum disease or bone loss, additional treatments may be available to make you a candidate for dental implants.
4. What is the dental implant procedure like?The dental implant procedure typically involves multiple steps and may require several months to complete. First, the dental implant is surgically placed into the jawbone. Then, a healing period of several months is needed for the implant to fuse with the bone through a process called osseointegration. After the healing period, an abutment is attached to the implant, which serves as a connection for the replacement tooth. Finally, a custom-made dental crown, bridge, or denture is attached to the abutment.
5. Does the dental implant procedure hurt?Local anesthesia is used during the dental implant procedure to minimize any discomfort or pain. Most patients report feeling only minor discomfort during the healing period after surgery, which can be managed with over-the-counter pain medications. The dentist will provide detailed post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.
6. How much do dental implants cost in San Jose, CA?The cost of dental implants can vary depending on several factors, such as the number of implants needed, the complexity of the case, additional treatments required, and the location of the dental practice. It's essential to consult with a dental professional for an accurate estimate based on your specific needs. Set up your consultation today to get an accurate estimate of the lowest price available for dental implants.
7. Are dental implants covered by insurance?Dental implant coverage varies among insurance plans. Some dental insurance plans may cover a portion of the cost of dental implants, while others may not cover them at all. It's important to check with your dental insurance provider to determine your coverage. Additionally, many dental practices offer financing options and payment plans to help make dental implants more affordable.
8. What are the benefits of dental implants?Dental implants offer numerous benefits, including improved appearance, enhanced speech and chewing abilities, increased comfort compared to removable dentures, durability, and convenience. Dental implants also help preserve jawbone density, preventing bone loss and maintaining facial structure.
9. Are there any risks or complications associated with dental implants?Dental implant surgery is generally safe and predictable. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications. These can include infection, implant failure, nerve damage, sinus problems, and rare cases of rejection or allergic reactions. Choosing a qualified and experienced dental professional greatly reduces the risks associated with dental implant surgery.
10. How should I care for dental implants?Caring for dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing, along with routine dental check-ups, are essential for maintaining oral health and the longevity of your dental implants. Avoiding smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and biting on hard objects can also contribute to the long-term success of dental implants. Your dentist will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for your dental implants, including any additional oral hygiene measures or specialized cleaning tools that may be necessary.
It's important to attend regular dental check-ups and cleanings to monitor the health of your dental implants. Your dentist will examine the implants, surrounding gum tissue, and prosthetic teeth to ensure they are in good condition. They may also recommend occasional X-rays to assess the stability and integrity of the implants.
In case you experience any issues with your dental implants, such as pain, swelling, or loosening of the implant-supported teeth, it is crucial to contact your dentist promptly. Early intervention can help prevent further complications and ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
Remember, each individual's situation may vary, so it's essential to consult with a dental professional to address your specific concerns and receive personalized advice regarding dental implants. They can thoroughly evaluate your oral health, discuss the potential benefits and risks, and guide you through the entire dental implant process.
Dental implants have revolutionized the field of restorative dentistry by providing a reliable and natural-looking solution for missing teeth. They offer numerous advantages over traditional tooth replacement options, making them a popular choice for many individuals seeking to restore their smile and regain oral function.
I hope these detailed answers have addressed your questions about dental implants in San Jose, CA. Should you have any further queries or need additional information, please feel free to ask!